The Sunshine On My Face Feels Good






 Grave of my favorite Armenian poet Vahan Derian Yerevan Armenia

 Life is beautiful, I know
With the sun rising 
And glorious sunsets
Ending each day

Alas, I want to go away.

The sunshine on my face feels good 
The sky is so blue and vast 
I’ll never tire looking at it

But I want to melt away.

There are those whom I love so
I can hold them forever in my eyes 
I know I will hurt them most

Yet I want to slip away 

I love babies and kittens 
The rain and the snow
I love flowers and green rivers
Shiny apples and butterflies 

I Still want to fade away

Everything around is painful to see 
 humanity is in misery 
so many die senselessly 
Compassion is lost
Human rights are trampled on
No heroes around 
No divine intervention 
No miracles left 

I just want to go away.

Let the sun shine brightly 
Let the moon be immense and near
The oceans can make music 
with crashing waives
 the birds can sing love songs
All day
Children can ride bikes 
Lick their ice cream cones
And shout with glee,

All the same,

 I just want to...



.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Brother My Love

Courage

THERE IS NO GLORY IN MARTYRDOM ANYMORE