I Am A tree







Could I be a tree?
To stand silently,
My roots drinking life,
In the dark damp earth.
Just an eyewitness?
Showing no passion?
Swaying in the wind
Bending to and fro in assent or dissent?
Would I be happy just to look majestic?
Bare my branches and soul every autumn?

Could I be a swallow flying high?
Making a new nest each spring?
To leave it empty and broken each fall?
Teaching my offspring to fly
To never see them again?

Could I be a river, twisting and turning?
Around each rock, each mountain?
Rushing to the sea to become whole
And loose myself?

I am a tree,
A swallow,
A river.

I bare my soul in the winter of life
Rushing to the abyss
Losing love, losing myself
To become one with nature…



Armine Amirian Zohrabian
February 21, 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Brother My Love

Courage

Coronavirus