Regrets

I'm turning the soil
my body is weary, my legs like lead
sweat dripping from my forehead
gripping the shovel with callused hands
digging the hard winter soil
I'm tired and my arms hurt.
Flowers are waiting to be planted
spring is coming

the soil is ready
Make your plans
take your trips
fall in love
sing your songs
do your deeds
jump from plains
swim in waterfalls
climb your Everest
plant your flowers.
All the things you dare dream about
everything you care for
when there is still time
in the spring of your life
before your body is old

before your soul is tired
if you don't
you will regret
and regrets are painful
more painful than anything.





Comments

Anonymous said…
I think you are a great writer. I feel your words in every poem I read. Keep it up Mokoor. I am proud of you...

Popular posts from this blog

My Brother My Love

Courage

THERE IS NO GLORY IN MARTYRDOM ANYMORE